Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Did you tell Ashley you love her?


I think it’s just a known fact that men can never find what they’re looking for. They “search” and search and can’t find it, Anywhere! The questions are, where did somebody else place it, who moved it or stole it or whatever other accusatory questions they can come up with. This usually happens when you're really busy or trying to sleep. At least this is what goes on in my house. 

We have a lake bag at our house, it's red, a Christmas present from Adam's mom. I always keep some sunscreen in the bag along with towels, hats, extra sunglasses, etc. There is also a plastic bag where we keep overflow sunscreen. It stays in the drawer under our bed with Adam's shorts. 

Imagine this. It's early Saturday morning, I've got a migraine so I'm laying in bed with an ice pack on my head, just took my migraine medicine that I have to sleep after taking. Adam is going to the lake with friends so, he's getting ready to go. He starts looking for the sunscreen. He asked me where it was. I gave him 4 places to look, the drawer, the lake bag, our picnic blanket and his car. He stomps, and he makes a point to land every heel-toe, heel-toe he can, around for 20 minutes looking for this damn sunscreen. May I remind you, I don't feel good at all. I finally had enough of his stomping around and get up. I go downstairs to the lake bag, pull out the sunscreen stick, toss it to him. Go to the front door, pull out the sunscreen from the picnic blanket, toss it to him. I'm still in my pjs, no bra, but F-it I went outside and opened his damn trunk and pulled the sunscreen out he "must've missed," and tossed it to him. And back to bed I went.
Adam works at a job where he has to be in a suit every day. He went from a company that would allow you to wear jeans and t-shirts everyday to this. It was an adjustment for him that included more trips to the dry cleaners because ain't nobody got time to be starching and ironing shirts. While he gets ready in the morning usually I'm making myself breakfast and packing my lunch. Some of us don't have the luxury of going out for lunch. Must be nice. His last step before he leaves the house is to fill up his water bottle, usually leaving the Brita filter out or empty. Within a week of each other during his first couple of months he forgot his tie and his badge to get into work. He couldn't believe I didn't take notice of these things when he walked out. I have enough trouble getting out of bed in the morning and he wants me to look over his wardrobe before he leaves? So, I made a list of his must haves or must have dones before he leaves for work. This list has been hanging on the door for almost a year. It has come in handy for when he's about to leave. The amount of times he turns around to grab something before he leaves because he looked at the list is too many for us to be in month 12 of the job... His most important task and must do before leaving the house is the last one. 
Eye wash for the annoying stye issue...
He made a point to tell me today, that it might be better if he said something annoying/funny to me as his last words out of the house. That way I have a funny story to tell if something bad happens to him... he's been watching too many scary movies for the month of October...
Until next time.... *deep breath*

No comments:

Post a Comment