Monday, October 3, 2016

Sunshine in my house


A good laugh is sunshine in the house. — William Thackeray

Adam and I laugh often. We make goofy noises, faces and find ourselves laughing at ourselves... really I find I'm laughing at myself more often than not. Sometimes we both laugh until we cry. 

One thing we both love is food, Adam enjoys more sweets than me but, food all the same. We have a history of food thieves in our house, any four of us could be said to be guilty at one time or another. The most recent big robbery was Bonnie, now known as the "Hamburgular." Three 93% lean burger patties ready to go on the grill... gone. She experienced very loud, obnoxious dreams that night, glad someone got a good dinner. 

Tonight there were pork chops and then some slam dunk chocolate chunk cookies, I was guilted into buying from a band student for a fundraiser. Adam has two conversations with me about sweets, sometimes they happen interchangeably throughout a single day. "Stop buying so much junk, I need to lose weight." "Why do I keep writing Cherry pop-tarts on the shopping list if you're never gonna buy them?" "There's never any good snacks!" This last one usually stated as he stares into a full cabinet of snacks. The conversation today was, that he needed to cut back on snacks and lose 10 lbs. After dinner, we both consumed 4 cookies a piece. This is a no judgement zone, right?
Adam reaching for a cookie :)

While eating these slam dunk cookies, I was playing with the snapchat filters. If you have not ever seen the pug filter, it's hilarious. If you watch this and don't at least crack a smile... I pity your sad soul. We watched it about 30 times over and laughed until we both cried. And then right out of my hand Lexi snatched my cookie, and as I am not a good food sharer, my hand stayed in her mouth until she let go. So, one cookie down that didn't get consumed by Adam or I. Sad. They really were some  slam dunk cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment