Saturday, October 1, 2016

"How's Married Life Treating Ya?"


















This question comes up by everyone it seems with the first time people see you after you get married. And really... nothing is different except for the big pain in the ass it is changing my name and having everyone remember what it is now. We both don't have our actual last names on Facebook so until my wedding day I think some of my family were convinced my last name would be Super.
I thought I would start a blog, not because I think I know some deep meaning of love or have some great marriage advice, I actually think Adam and I are hilarious. I know, you're thinking no way, she's going to start this out by trying to convince us she's hilarious. But seriously, Adam and I always have the craziest stuff happen and I think this is a great place for me to get it down, so, that one, I remember it, and two, I can share it!

Today, is October 1, 2016. We got married on July 16th of this year. Adam and I met in December of 2012. Our first date consisted of a late lunch, City Museum Aquarium and then on to his friend's Christmas party, where we played beer pong. He threw me right into the mix of his tight knit friends and I'm happy to say they're pretty great. I don't have a great memory so, I'm sure I'll be remembering great stories along the way that'll I need to weave in some how.

Adam is my best friend, my confidante and someone I enjoy sharing my space with. We both enjoy our alone time and both enjoy being absolutely obnoxious to each other. We have been to four countries together, Italy, England, Wales, and Greece. We've survived one family vacation and a few small road trips. We have two dogs, who are nothing short of ridiculous in their own ways. They've both been with us since puppies and have grown to tolerate each other.

My hope is that this blog will be fun, funny but also to be a stress relief. And before we get to the first story from my week there are some things you need to know about me. I am prone to accidents and getting hurt, I've had two bad accidents this year... 2nd degree burn and losing a couple inches of skin off the bottom of foot.... I told you, I'm ridiculous. I'm also pretty laid back and easy going, until you cross a line or it's something I'm passionate about. Things I'm passionate about include, diversity/multicultural tolerance, equality, wrong doing against my family, my dogs, and traveling. When asked, my three favorite things in life are, eating, sleeping and traveling.

Mr. Spider

Adam says that I need to get my hearing checked. He always seems to wait until I'm running water, or he's in the farthest point from me in the house and then want to talk to me. The other night I was in bed reading my book, a Nordic suspense novel, Adam was in the basement (in the man bathroom) and I hear, "Ashley, Ashley, SOS, SOS! Get down here now!" So, I get out of bed, catch my pinky toe on the damn drawer pull on our bed frame and stumble down the stairs to Adam. My first sight of him is him naked, on his knees, leaning into the bathtub. Lord only knows what goes on in there, so really, it's not surprising. I get in there and he's trapped a spider in a cup in the bathtub. He's in a panic, doesn't know what to do. Another thing you need to know about me, real quick, I'm not good in emergency situations. I save myself, it's instinct, I'm a flight person. I liked to think I'd save people and be the hero on the news, but I know I won't. So, Adam asks me to hold the cup down to keep the spider from letting himself out while he googles what type of spider it is. So, now we're both involved with the spider, me very unwillingly. He thinks it's a brown recluse, tries to point out the very "obvious" and very "large" fangs to me, like this fact would make me feel better about it being in the bathtub. I hand over the cup holding down duty back to Adam and run to get a shoe to kill it. Adam won't lift it up because he's convinced this spider is fast and smart and will jump on his face to bite him. He's watching the spider intensely and says, look he's playing us! He's pretending he's giving up and as soon as I move the cup he's ready to jump! We finally decided to fill the bathtub while still holding down the cup and then letting him drown and go down the drain. Of course, this is the time the tub decides to drain slow and allows the spider to freak out a bit. Adam grabs the draino and pours it over the spider while I spray tub cleaner on it. Glad there wasn't a chemical reaction! We finally got the spider to go down and after intense poking around in the drain with a very long straw Adam was finally convinced he was gone. This was about a 20 minute ordeal to just get rid of a damn spider. Needless to say, the exterminator is coming Wednesday.

Until next time.... *deep breath*
                                  




No comments:

Post a Comment